Wednesday 16 March 2011

EURO REVIEW: PART 2.

Here's my review of the Eurovision songs from Israel to the UK. Hope you like it.

Israel (Dana International - Ding Dong): If Israel thought sending Dana International back was a good idea, they were wrong. Clearly. She won't win with that song.
Italy (Raphael Gualazzi - Madness Of Love): Italy's comeback won't start with a win either. I sense a huge disappointment with this song. Boring! They should have sent Nathalie.
Latvia (Musiqq - Angel In Disguise): I'm still not sure about this one but it's still better than the shit they served up last year.
Lithuania (Evelina Sašenko - C'est Ma Vie): I like this one but I'm not sure how it'll sound live. If she pulls it off, she might qualify, but we'll see.
Malta (Glen Vella - One Life): I like the Maltese entry too but, like with many entries from Malta before it, I don't think it'll qualify. It's not Fabrizio Faniello or Chiara.
Moldova (Zdob şi Zdub - So Lucky): This is the Eurovision comedy song of this year. I can't see it qualifying though. Bring back the sax!
Norway (Stella Mwangi - Haba Haba): Another one of my favourites and part of my top ten. It'll probably qualify.
Poland (Magdalena Tul - One Way Ticket To Heaven): I'm sorry, but I don't like the English version. I liked the Polish version and she should have left it as it was. It's dropped a few places on my list now. It was one of my favourites from the start (as Jestem) but it'll still probably qualify.
Portugal (Homens da Luta - A Luta É Alegria): This is a load of shite but it'll probably still qualify anyway (it is Portugal after all and they always do even if the song's a bit CRAP)! That's providing it doesn't get disqualified for being full of pointless political pap of course...
Romania (Hotel FM - Change): It's good but it's not as good as last year's Playing With Fire. I can't see them finishing any higher than tenth.
Russia (Alexey Vorobyov/Alex Sparrow - Get You): I'm still not liking the Russian entry much but at least it's better than last year's funeral dirge so it'll probably qualify.
San Marino (Senit - Stand By): I actually kinda like this one and I hope they qualify so they join their Italian neighbours in the final. That is all.
Serbia (Nina - Čaroban): Weirdly, I like this. Not entirely sure why.
Slovakia (Maja Keuc - Vanilija): I'm not entirely sure this'll qualify to be honest. They weren't even supposed to be at this year's event.
Slovenia (TWiiNS - I'm Still Alive): The best set of twins in this year's Eurovision. Good song too. Jedward who?
Spain (Lucía Pérez - Que Me Quiten Lo Bailao): I'm slowly starting to like this one but, yet again, I don't see it getting higher than tenth place come the scoring. Sorry Spain!
Sweden (Eric Saade - Popular): I LOVE THIS SONG! Not sure how the judges will take the gimmicks, however, and most people are saying he won't qualify, so I hope he proves his critics wrong!
Switzerland (Anna Rossinelli - In Love For A While): I preferred Il Pleut De L'Or from last year to be honest and I can't see the Swiss making it into the final again this year.
Turkey (Yüksek Sadakat - Live It Up): Yet another rock song from the Turks but they won't do as well as Manga last year. Sorry guys.
Ukraine (Mika Newton - Angel): URGH. The less said about this crap, the better (they should have sent Jelena). I can see them qualifying though - if their arse-licking neighbours and/or the Euro-jury have anything to do with it, they will...
United Kingdom (Blue - I Can): And, finally, the United Kingdom. I can't vote for my own country (the United Kingdom is my homeland) but I hope we don't come last yet again! GOOD LUCK, BOYS, YOU CAN DO IT!

AND THAT'S THE WRAP! Hopefully, the right acts will get through the semis, so I can enjoy the final with my Scandinavian sidekicks (we're all going to be in Düsseldorf and I can't WAIT)! DON'T LET ME DOWN, EUROPE, I'M COUNTING ON YOU!

The countdown to the final starts now...

No comments:

Post a Comment